I can’t even concentrate while writing this post. Not when a melted Nutella goodness mixed in with banana bread is staring back at me. I found myself hiding the Nutella jar so I would forget we even have a Nutella in the house, that is how addicted I am to this “evil” chocolate hazelnut spread. I believe that banana bread is one of the easiest things you can do in your own kitchen. The trick is using very ripe bananas and leave them under-baked, this will give you a really nice and moist banana bread.
*I used 4 mini loaves for this recipe, but you may also use a regular one. If you feel like adding more Nutella into the batter, make sure you heat the spread first before using it. This will make it easier to swirl the Nutella into the batter.
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 4 mini loaf pans or a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and salt) Set aside.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas with the yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla extract. Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well incorporated. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the Nutella for about 20 seconds or until softened.
- 4. Divide half of the banana batter among the prepared loaf pans. Spoon some Nutella batter over the banana batter, swirling them together with a knife. Repeat the process by evenly dividing the banana batter and nutella batter among the loaf pans. (Add more Nutella on top if necessary)
- 5.Bake for about 25-30 minutes if you used mini loaf pans like I did or 55 to 60 minutes for a regular one. Toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean, excluding the hot melted nutella.
- 6. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
A different banana bread? Check out Cinnamon-honey banana bread
Recipe with nutella: Nutella thumbprint cookies