If you have been craving for a mouthwatering treat that combines two of the most beloved flavors – chocolate and peanut butter, this homemade peanut butter brownie recipe is definitely a must-try for you!
These rich and fudgy brownies are simple to make and absolutely heavenly to taste.
You’ll love the gooey texture of the chocolate brownie combined with the creamy goodness of peanut butter. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, whether you’re entertaining guests or just treating yourself to a delicious indulgence.
- Homemade peanut butter brownies are a delightful and easy treat to make.
- The recipe combines rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter for a heavenly taste.
- These brownies are fudgy and decadent, perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
- Try serving these brownies with ice cream or get creative with your toppings.
- Enjoy the divine combination of chocolate and peanut butter with every bite of these delicious brownies.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Brownies
Before you start making your easy peanut butter brownies, make sure you have gathered all the ingredients on the table. Here is a list of everything you will need:
|Ingredients for Peanut Butter Brownies||Quantity|
|All-purpose flour||1 1/4 cup|
|Granulated sugar||1 cup|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Unsalted butter, melted||1/2 cup|
|Cocoa powder||1/2 cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Peanut butter||1/2 cup|
Make sure you have these ingredients before moving on to the next section to prepare your peanut butter brownie recipe.
Making the Peanut Butter Brownie Batter
Now it’s time to make the fudgy peanut butter brownie batter. Follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the surface with a spatula.
There you have it! Your fudgy peanut butter brownie batter is ready to go. In the next section, we’ll show you how to add a delicious swirl of peanut butter to take these brownies to the next level.
Swirling in the Peanut Butter
Now that you have your brownie batter ready, it’s time to add the peanut butter swirls! This step is what makes these chocolate peanut butter brownies truly irresistible.
Follow the simple steps below:
- Take small dollops of peanut butter (about 1 tsp each) and drop them randomly on top of the brownie batter.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the peanut butter dollops into the batter. Make sure not to overdo it; you want to create a marble effect.
- Once you’re done swirling, your batter should look something like this:
Now that you have successfully swirled in the peanut butter, it’s time to bake your chocolate peanut butter brownies to perfection. Follow the instructions in the next section to achieve rich and decadent treats that everyone will love!
Baking the Peanut Butter Brownies
Your batter is all set, it’s time to bake those rich peanut butter brownies to perfection. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and:
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Pour the peanut butter brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Insert a knife or skewer into the batter and swirl it around to create a marbled effect (optional). Don’t overdo it, or you will lose the distinct layers of chocolate and peanut butter in your finished brownies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Enjoying the Peanut Butter Brownies
You have learned to make your homemade peanut butter brownies through an easy procedure, it’s time to indulge in their rich and decadent goodness.
But did you know that you can also make these brownies healthier or vegan? Here are some ideas to customize your peanut butter brownies:
Healthy Peanut Butter Brownies
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, try substituting some of the ingredients with healthier options. Here are some ideas:
- Whole Wheat Flour – Use whole wheat flour or almond flour instead of all-purpose flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Use unsweetened cocoa powder instead of chocolate chips
- Coconut Oil – Use coconut oil or unsweetened applesauce instead of butter
- Use Maple Syrup – Use maple syrup or honey instead of sugar
With these substitutions, you can still enjoy the delicious flavors of peanut butter and chocolate without the guilt.
Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies
If you’re following a vegan diet, you can easily make these peanut butter brownies vegan-friendly. Here’s how:
- Use vegan chocolate chips
- Use coconut oil or vegan butter instead of regular butter
- Use a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water) instead of a regular egg
These substitutions will make your peanut butter brownies vegan, without sacrificing any of the delicious taste.
Making Peanut Butter Brownies with a Box Mix
If you’re short on time, you can still make delicious peanut butter brownies using a box mix. Simply follow the directions on the box, then add a swirl of peanut butter to the batter before baking. It’s a quick and easy way to satisfy your peanut butter and chocolate cravings.
You can make the following variations in the peanut butter brownies recipe that uses brownie mix.
1- For Extra Chocolatey Taste
You can add chocolate chips or chunks to the batter for extra chocolatey goodness.
2- Serve with Ice cream
Another delicious variation is to serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent dessert.
3- Drizzle Melted Peanut Butter
For a more flavorful taste, you can drizzle melted peanut butter on top of the cooled brownies for an extra peanut butter kick.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to enjoying peanut butter brownies. Get creative and try different toppings or variations to customize your brownies to your liking.
You have learnt to make these heavenly and decadent peanut butter brownies, it’s time to enjoy them! Whether you love them on their own or with added toppings, these brownies are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Don’t be afraid to get creative with different variations or serving suggestions.
Remember, making homemade brownies is a fun and rewarding experience that anyone can enjoy. So whip up another batch whenever you’re craving a rich and chocolatey treat. Happy baking!
Don’t forget to check out our amazing recipes here!
Q 1: Can I use natural peanut butter for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use natural peanut butter in this recipe. However, keep in mind that natural peanut butter may have a different consistency and flavor compared to regular peanut butter. It may affect the texture and taste of the brownies slightly.
Q 2: Can I substitute the eggs in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can substitute the eggs in this recipe. You can use a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water) as a vegan alternative or applesauce as an egg-free option. Keep in mind that the texture and taste of the brownies may vary slightly with these substitutions.
Q 3: How should I store the peanut butter brownies?
A: To store the peanut butter brownies, let them cool completely and then place them in an airtight container. They can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container or bag.
Q 4: Can I add nuts or chocolate chips to the brownie batter?
A: Absolutely! You can add chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans, or chocolate chips to the brownie batter for extra flavor and texture. Just fold them in gently before pouring the batter into the baking pan.
Q 6: Can I make these brownies gluten-free?
A: Yes, you can make these brownies gluten-free by using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend. Make sure to check the labels of other ingredients, such as baking powder and vanilla extract, to ensure they are also gluten-free. Keep in mind that the texture and taste may vary slightly with gluten-free substitutions.